Character Sketch and Introduction :
- Malini Chaturvedi : A girl of seventeen who studies at Vishwa Vidyabharati Public School (VVBPS), Vile Parle, Maharashtra. She is a Class XII – PCB student. She is a self-reserved, goal-oriented and head-strong girl for whom nothing is more than her family and goals. She trusts on very few people , other than her family, one among whom is her best friend, Nithya whom she lovingly calls ‘Imlie’. She is meritorious and always manages to score above 96-97 percent. She always makes her place at the school by being a topper almost every year. She is deeply respected for her flawless character and mannerism although she talks very less with people around her. But she is a chatterbox for her family members. She is known for her debate skills besides academics. She is conscious about the money and least cares about her external appearance.
- Aryan Chaturvedi : Malini Chaturvedi’s only brother (elder one). He is twenty years old and is studying at IIT Bombay, Powaii – Third year in Automobile Engineering. He is meritorious and was a past glory in the same school as his sister’s. He is young, charming, is too conscious about his fitness. He is too particular about his outer looks. He loves his sister more than anyone else, even more than his own parents.
- Anuja Chaturvedi : Aryan and Malini’s mother. She is a simple housewife who compromised her dreams to focus her full attention to look after her children. She motivates her children to dream big and reasonable.
- Dev Chaturvedi : Aryan and Malini’s father. He is a simple man and earns a good salary package yet is accustomed to his middle class lifestyle to which he is apparently habituated to. He loves both his children equally but somewhat showers more love on Malini. And that’s the reason he gets more angry on her than on Aryan.
- Kunal Chauhan : He is seventeen and who studies in the same school when Malini and Nithya (Imlie) study. He is a Class XII PCB student. He is charming, and loves the life as it goes. He enjoys every moment of his life with a sportive attitude towards life, no matter it is bad or good at times. He is good at studies and always manages to score a mark of 95%. He dreams of being an army doctor. Music is his second love after his parents.
- Nithya Trivedi : Also nicknamed as Imlie due to her witty nature, and energy outbursts. She is an only trusted friend of Malini Chaturvedi. She knows Malini from 6th Standard. She always manages to score above 85% in academics and is a Class XII PCB student in the same school.
- Aditya Kumar Tripathi : He is the best friend of Kunal Chauhan and he is a Class XII – PCB student. He is a straightforward person and does not twist his intention in his words. He almost hangs out with Kunal every moment when inside school premises.
New characters if any will be described and mentioned in upcoming episodes.
This is the story which I previously started on Tellyupdates as a fan fiction original and also as an Imlie fan fiction with the same title, but due to some reasons, I couldn’t complete even one of the two things I initiated. But now, I again thought of writing this story afresh all the more same but with a different spin in the story.
It’s a teen love story in an episodic form with love seen in a different perspective than today’s one day, two days’ love.
I would again like to announce that the title of the story is – Must Pretend Harder To Look Alive.
Episode 1 titled ‘The Beginning of Everything’… will be published soon !
With utmost sincerity,