Ok. This is the first Indian show ever to force me to have a dual personality 😯😱
The objective view: The episode was mind-blowing. Why?
*Acting was bang on by ALL actors involved which is rare in entertainment-movies or tv
* The consistency of each characterization is admirable and that’s a credit to the writers
*Kanak’s complex mindset in the current moment, given the situations she has been through and the ones she is still going through, is being handled well.
*Ved and Vansh’s restlessness is well written and acted.
* Bhabho’s dialog in response to Maasisa’s giving Shagun was extremely well written.
Three performances struck with me today and I’ll mention them as a countdown 😂
3. Vansh: I am falling for this guy. His portrayal of jovial but no nonsense guy who loves his sister. I am waiting with baited breath for his anger to burst and I want to see what he will do. Has this actor worked in other shows? He is AWESOME!
2. Bhabho: Her complete ownership of the expressions during her heartfelt remorse at what her hatred had driven Kanak to do and her begging for all punishment for Kanak’s faults. The actress keeps proving her mettle over and over again.
3. Kanak: Heavens Alive! This girl is a treasury of emotions and expressions. From beginning to end, her expressions to Bhabho’s affection, Uma and Maasisa’s arrival, in the kitchen, to Vansh’s dialogue to Bhabho, at the table, looking at Uma, in the kitchen with her brothers, and while Bhabho refuses Maasisa’s shagun, all of it was phenomenal. I am so glad I watched this and discovered this talent. In my personal opinion, in terms of talent ,she surpasses all major flaky heroines of current Hindi movies.
Avinesh Rekhi’s acting chops will be on display tomorrow but he gave a peek of it at the dining table today😉
*Ye guruvaar ko juvaar ki roti khaate hain? What the friggin hell!
* Ok. So understandably, Uma is in severe lust and mild love with Kanak and wants to take his pretty dolly back home to play with her
But this Maasisa- now we know from whom Uma gets his anger. Not so much as a regret from either that they kidnapped their daughter to get her married without informing the family. Blatant and shameless expression of an entitlement of right over her. The way Maasisa completely ignored Vansh’s mention of the forced marriage made me very angry😠She is the real daaku Queen. Uma is just her minion
* I felt Vansh’s pain as he saw his sister’s servility to Uma.
* This might belong in objective view, but I found the level of Kanak’s gratitude to Uma’s telling Bhabho about what she (Kanak) did for her, a little too much and forced. Writers trying hard to justify Kanak feeling for Uma so that they can transition to the next track. Frankly speaking, Kanak having saved Uma’s mother from dying, does not really owe him anything anymore. Even if we forget that Uma blo*dy well kidnapped her.
* Maasisa’s reaction to Bhabho’s refusal- if only she had said a humble, “I know we made a mistake in kidnapping and forcing her, but we love her and will always love her.” would have softened the situation. But then how would the writers 😕contrive future complications and drama to drag tension.
* I am mad. I have no explanation for it.😒