The relationship for analogies are given in the bracket.
1. Shakti : Vasishtha :: Rishyashringa : Vibhandaka (Son : Father)
2. Brahmastra : Brahma :: Vaishnavastra :Vishnu (Astra : Owner or Creator)
3. Ramayana : 24000 :: Mahabharat : 100000 (Grantha : Number of Verses)
4. Sita : Bhoomi :: Draupadi : Agni (Child : Origin)
5. Vaishampayana : Romaharshana :: Suka : Parikshit (Narrator of Mahabharat : Receiver)
6. Rukmini : Vidarbha :: Shurpanakha : Lanka (Person : Place of Origin or Birth)
7. Ram : Sita :: Balaram : Revati (Husband : Wife)
8. Krishna : Bhagavad Gita :: Suka : Srimad Bhagavatam (Narrator : Grantha)
9. Garuda : Aruna :: Jatayu : Sampaati (Younger : Elder Brother)
10. Sugriva : Tara :: Vibhishana: Mandodari (Brother in law : Sister in law)
11. Surasa : Nagas :: Kadru : Uragas (Another class of Nagas) [Mother : Children]
12. Akshaya Kumar : Mandodari :: Atikaya : Danyamalini (Son : Mother)
13. Krishna : Abhimanyu :: Yudhajit : Bharat (Maternal Uncle : Nephew)
14. Surya : Chaya or Sharanya :: Agni : Swaaha (Husband : Wife)
15. Rukmi : Rukmavati :: Duryodhana : Lakshmanaa (Father : Daughter)
16. Budh : Ila :: Brihaspati : Tara (Husband : Wife)
17. Shiva : Mohini :: Vishwamitra : Menaka (Victim : Seductress)
18. Pinaka : Shiva :: Kodanda : Ram (Bow : Wielder)
19. Vijaya : Karna :: Saranga : Vishnu (Bow : Wielder)
20. 16108 (approximately) : Krishna :: 2: Kamsa (No. Of Wives : Husband)
21. Kamsa : Jarasandha :: Balaram : Revata or Raivata (Son in law : Father in Law)
22. Ananta Vijaya : Yudhishthira :: Devadutta : Arjun (Conch : Owner)
23. Satyabhama : Rukmini :: Devaki : Rohini (Younger : Elder wife)
24. 18 : Puranas :: 108 : Upanishads (Number : Grantha)
25. Dantavakra : Shishupala :: Hiranyaksha : Hiranyakashipu (Brothers)
26. Prahlada : Mahabali :: Krishna : Aniruddha (Grandfather : Grandson)
27. Krishna : Yashoda and Nanda :: Karna : Radha and Adiratha (Son : Adoptive Parents)
28. Angada and Dhumaketu : Urmila :: Chitraketu and Subahu: Shutakirti (Sons : Mother)
29. Saumitri : Sumitra :: Gangeya : Ganga (Son : Mother)
30. Mahabali : Vindyavali :: Hiranyakashipu : Kayadhu (Husband : Wife)
Back to our regular quiz 😉
1. In the Mahabharat war, who broke the rule of no fighting after sunset?
2. What was the name of Karna’s bow?
3. What was the weapon given to Karna by Indra?
4. Who was Ghatotkacha’s mother?
5. Who was the victim of the rule broken “no attacking people who are asleep” in the Kurukshetra war?
6. Ram helped Sugriva while Krishna helped Arjuna. Why was this so? What was the reason and relationship behind these stories?
Sugriva was the Son of Surya while Bali was the son of Indra. Vishnu had to compensate supporting Indra’s son Arjun to Surya’s son Karna as Krishna.
7. Why did Krishna forgive 100 of Shishupala’s mistakes?
Krishna promised his aunt (Shishupala’s mother) to forgive 100 mistakes
8. Ila was the daughter of
a. Vaivasvat Manu
9. Who is the queen of Apsaras?
10. Another analogy 😛
Ram : Shanta :: Duryodhan : Dusshala
11. Who was the mother of Gandharvas?
12. Another Analogy 😛
Danu : Danavas :: Aditi : Devas, Adityas and Vamana
13. Vaaruni was the goddess of
14. Analogy again sorry 😛
Ashoka Sunadri : Ganesh and Kartikeya :: Santoshi Maa : Shubh and Laabh
15. How many people were part of Kartikeya’s birth? Who were they and what names did Kartikeya get due to being the “son” of these people?
There were Shiva and Parvati primarily. From them he got the names Guha and Skanda respectively. Then is Agni from whom he got the name Mahasena. Then Mata Ganga from whom he is called Gangeya. Since he was born in the “Vana” of “Sara”, he is called Saravana. And being nursed by the Krittikas, he becomes their son, Kartikeya.
16. Who is Ram’s brother in law?
17. Analogy again 😛
Saraswati : Swan :: Alakshmi : Owl
18. Which are the places known as the Sapta Puri of India?
Ayodhya, Mathura, Haridwar, Kashi, Ujjain, Dwaraka, Kanchipuram
19. Who are the famous “Pancha Kanya” of India?
Ahalya, Draupadi, Sita, Tara, Mandodari (Sita is sometimes replaced with Kunti)
20. Why was Ashoka Sundari created? What was the purpose of her birth?
To remove sorrow of Mata Parvati. And she was also the cause of the death of Asura Hunda and she was destined to marry Nahusha.
The next quiz will be coming soon…… 🙂 🙂
Credit to: Soups